Robert Lebron Oil on Canvas... - Art Forum

Message #149

Name: Carol Junker
Date:Saturday May 22, 2004 11:22:44 am MDT
Subject:Robert Lebron Oil on Canvas...
Message:I have recently acquired an original oil on canvas painting by Robert Lebron and was looking at perhaps selling this item. I am inexperienced, to say the least, regarding modern artwork and their retail prices.  The piece was purchased in the early 1970's by my Mother. She can only recall that she bought it at an art gallery in Stanford, Conn.

Incidentally, two years ago, my mother had called a California art gallery inquiring about the painting and it's artist. She was given Robert Lebron's direct phone number. When called, Mr. Lebron had said that he did not want to buy the painting back , mainly because it was painted during his "cubist" period, which he is no longer known for.  However, he told her that his current paintings, in most galleries, go for $25,000 to $35,000 a piece.

It is untitled but seeing how Lebron is known for his painting of cityscapes, we have dubbed it  "Toledo, Spain".  It is 56 x 36 (inches) and is in its original framework.  If you could supply me with any information regarding who I might be able to sell this item to and for what price range, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

This is the first message in this thread.   Next   message in this thread

Previous thread   |   Next thread

Previous   |   Next   message by date

Help   |   Message index   |   Search

When you are caught up with the Art Forum, tap a link in the menu below:
Forums  |  Database  |  Artist List  |  Awards  |  Registration  |  Email  |  FAQ  |  Galleries  |  Directory  |  News  |  Home