Re: Who is Glen Fortune Banse? - Art Forum

Message #3046, a followup to #261

Name: David
Date:Friday January 9, 2015 9:01:34 am MST
Subject:Re: Who is Glen Fortune Banse?

Hello. My name is David and I was hoping you might be able to help me out with some information on a great lithograph my father purchased in the very early 1980s. It is not your typical Glenn Fortune Banse celebrity drawing. The image is of a woman's lips with her teeth showing a little bit and her lips are red with lipstick. It is numbered 203 out of 300 and is pencil signed and dated by the artist. The title of the lithograph is "Lips". My father has been gone 5+ years now and this is one of my prized possessions that I have. I actually brought this to the Antiques Roadshow several years ago when it was in Philadelphia and it was quoted at about $700. Me personally it is priceless because my father loved it so much and he told me the story of how he acquired it. I actually have a certificate of authenticity that is from 1983 stating that this is a positone lithograph and it is Ph neutral art rag. My question is I was wondering whatever happened to the original plates that were used to create this. I think that it's kind of funny that my father loved it and thought it was great in 1980 something and now 30 years later that style is coming back around and all the young hipsters really dig this artwork. Thanks again for taking your time to read this.

This is the last message in this thread.   First   |   Previous   message in this thread

Previous thread   |   Next thread

Previous   |   Next   message by date

Help   |   Message index   |   Search

When you are caught up with the Art Forum, tap a link in the menu below:
Forums  |  Database  |  Artist List  |  Awards  |  Registration  |  Email  |  FAQ  |  Galleries  |  Directory  |  News  |  Home