Re: Artist named LAJO - Art Forum

Message #605, a followup to #601

Name: Jeff English
Date:Monday November 21, 2005 11:16:21 pm MST
Subject:Re: Artist named LAJO
My name is Jeff English.
Lajo and my father (Alvin English) were both landscape artists in Southern Ontario in the late 60's and 70's.
The print that you have is a Lithograph that was textured to look more authentic.
Lajo always signed with just his first name.
Lajo also used to use allot of paint on his canvas'. He liked alot of texture in his work.

Lajo and his wife used to own a gallery on Cumberland Ave. At Yonge & Bloor in Toronto.
This is where my father had his first one man show and he and Lajo became best of friends. This was in the late 60's and early 70's, as my father passed away in '73.
Lajo and my dad used to take day trips together in the Haliburton, Kawartha and Muskoka areas to find new subjects for thier paintings.

I know that Lajo used to live just opposite Upper Canada Collage and my mom and I used to keep in touch with him until around the early 80's.
We have since lost track of him.

If anybody knows of his whereabouts, could you please let me know.
I can be reached at jeffe@sympatico.ca

If you need anymore info please contact me and I'll see what I can dig up or what my mom can remember.

Good luck.
Jeff English.

First   |   Previous   |   Next   message in this thread

Previous thread   |   Next thread

Previous   |   Next   message by date

Help   |   Message index   |   Search

When you are caught up with the Art Forum, tap a link in the menu below:
Forums  |  Database  |  Artist List  |  Awards  |  Registration  |  Email  |  FAQ  |  Galleries  |  Directory  |  News  |  Home