Re: gallo giovanni - Art Forum

Message #788, a followup to #652

Name: Michael McCormick
Date:Tuesday May 23, 2006 4:18:34 pm MDT
Subject:Re: gallo giovanni

My great uncle Hollis Palmer, knew your uncle in 1946 and either commissioned your uncle to paint for him or bought a number of his paintings. We have paintings of Pompeii and numerous smaller paintings of Mr. Giovanni's here in Kansas. Great Uncle Hollis was either the first -or- one of the first Americans installed as interim governor of the Pompeii region after the German occupation ended. We have one painting done by Mr. Giovanni of the row of buildings that included my great uncle's office.

We enjoy your uncle's work and find it interesting to ponder what their lives were like at the end of WWII. Your uncle must have been a fairly young painter then. Uncle Hollis passed on some time ago. Thought you might find the story interesting. I'd be glad to take some digital pics of some of the paintings that appear to be painted by your uncle back in the 40's and send them to you or to him, if he cared to see them.

Michael McCormick

serena grimaldi wrote:

This is the last message in this thread.   First   |   Previous   message in this thread

Previous thread   |   Next thread

Previous   |   Next   message by date

Help   |   Message index   |   Search

When you are caught up with the Art Forum, tap a link in the menu below:
Forums  |  Database  |  Artist List  |  Awards  |  Registration  |  Email  |  FAQ  |  Galleries  |  Directory  |  News  |  Home