Re: Clowns painted by Michele - Art Forum

Message #826, a followup to #809

Name: Linda Talley
Date:Saturday July 1, 2006 11:11:31 pm MDT
Subject:Re: Clowns painted by Michele

For anyone with original oil paintings by Michele, I would first be sure that what you have is, truly, an original. Michele has been producing high-end prints on canvas with the folk over at Brushstrokes.com for a while now, and some of his reproductions, especially the signed ones that have been enhanced, look almost exactly like the originals. If what you have is, truly, one of his older clown pieces- which would, indeed, be from the 1950s- their value has only just begun to go up in the market. Back in 2004, two such clown paintings, along with two of his original chalkpieces, sold for a mere $70 at auction- for all four pieces! Yet these copies of his contemporary work are now being listed anywhere from $50 for a small unsigned, plain reproduction, to over $350 for his signed, enhanced work. His abstracts and impressionist oils are finally beginning to catch on in the market, yet it is hard to say what one might be worth- very different price from what it might bring at auction- without actually seeing it. If you want to contact me privately, I'd be glad to see if I can help.

Take good care,

Linda

First   |   Previous   |   Next   message in this thread

Previous thread   |   Next thread

Previous   |   Next   message by date

Help   |   Message index   |   Search

When you are caught up with the Art Forum, tap a link in the menu below:
Forums  |  Database  |  Artist List  |  Awards  |  Registration  |  Email  |  FAQ  |  Galleries  |  Directory  |  News  |  Home