John Well-Off-Man is the December 2007 Artist of the Month.
John, a member of the Chippewa-Cree tribe, was born and raised in Havre, Montana, and on the Rocky Boy Indian Reservation.
He received his diploma in photography from Ohio Visual Art Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio in 1978,
and an Associate of Fine Arts degree from the Institute of American Indian Arts, Santa Fe, New Mexico in 1990.
John Well-Off-Man produced the visual exhibit "Their Eyes Tell Everything,"
a photo-history of the Montana Chippewa-Cree with a grant from the Montana Committee for the Humanities.
This exhibit is now in the permanent collection of the Montana Museum of Art and Culture.
John Well-Off-Man's artworks are exhibited nationally and internationally and included in the permanent collection of the Westphalian State Museum of Natural History in Muenster, Germany.
The artist is well known for his series of oil portraits rendered in brilliant textured colors using nails and tooth picks instead of brushes.
These portraits were meant to honor the old timers of Chief Rocky Boy's band of Ojibwe and Little Bear's band of Cree.
John is going to set up a printmaking studio in Missoula, Montana.
New Artwork in the Galleries
Carson Collins, Barbara Rose Guada and Nicholas Caputi have added new artwork to their galleries.
New Contemporary Artists
The following artists registered since October 23. To view the work of an
artist enter the artist's name at http://DigitalConsciousness.com
To see these most recent artists go to http://DigitalConsciousness.com/new/
Southern California Art Walks and Studio Tours
- Betty Luna. Detailed fantasy drawing.
- Gustavo Moller. Abstract and geometric printmaking from Mexico.
- Scott Boote. Stylized, abstract interpretations of landscapes and seascapes.
- Lian Zhen. Landscapes, nature and animals from China.
- Armando Bettencourt. Exposure of hidden societal elitist spins.
- Dj Levi Jones. Ghanaian music on radiofocus.co.uk 8pm GMT Mon., Wed. and Thur.
- Harold Adler. Events and wedding photography.
- Lemya el Sophia. Experimentation founded on the collaboration between artists.
- Roberto Palladini. Photography from Italy.
- Marat Dusembaev. Light and color abstracts from Italy.
- Dec 1, 2007 Santa Ana Artists Village Open House
- Dec 6, 2007 Santa Barbara Art Walk
- Dec 6, 2007 Laguna Beach First Thursdays Art Walk
- Dec 6, 2007 1st Thursday Downtown San Pedro
- Dec 6, 2007 Art on the Avenues, West Hollywood
- Dec 7, 2007 First Fridays Ventura
- Dec 8, 2007 NELAart - Northeast L.A. Gallery Night
- Dec 8, 2007 Pomona Art Walk
- Dec 13, 2007 Downtown Los Angeles Artwalk
- Dec 15, 2007 Miracle Mile Art Walk
Ad-free Galleries With No Commission.
Artists with Digital Consciousness Gallery Service can create and edit on-line galleries from a control panel.
These galleries contain no ads and are among the most prominent pages on Digital Consciousness.
Artists may sell artwork from their galleries free of commission.
Gallery Service requires registration and $30 a year.
Registration is free and registered artists may create an Artist Page without purchasing Gallery Service.
Registered Artists can use the Edit link at the bottom of their Artist Page to edit their Artist Page or to upgrade to Gallery Service.
The Digital Color Art Awards.
Digital Color http://RenownedArt.com/digitalcolor accepts nominations
for art awards. The winner's biography and links to the winner's
artwork are placed in the permanent gallery. Gallery Service fees are
waived for winners for one year.