|Miguel Angel Avila
Miguel Angel Avila is the December 2004 Digital Color Artist of the Month.
Houston-based Avila was born in California in 1975 and raised in Monterrey, Mexico.
Driven by a natural talent, he layers his meditative work with references to culture, art and the self.
He offers us works that at first appear direct and simple, but on reflection are complex and vibrant.
They describe an ideal world, and at the same time the real one; modern Mexico:
industrialized, chaotic and beautiful, a container of naïve memories.
And, American society: individualist, highly commercial, superficial and visually attractive, a container of impressive memories and huge disappointments.
News from the Artists
Girish Kumar and Gilbert Abric have created new galleries.
New Contemporary Artists
The following artists registered this month. To view the work of
an artist enter the artist's name at http://DigitalConsciousness.com
To see the most recent artists go to http://DigitalConsciousness.com/new/
- Kumiko McKee. Visionary oil figures.
- Craig Caldwell. Heirloom fish paintings.
- Els De Bleeckere. Visual poetry from Belgium.
- Olga Sugden. Expressionistic illustrations from Canada.
- Emil Matulewicz. Portraits and backgrounds from the Netherlands.
- Chris Doll. Advertising, fine art and journalism photography.
- J&A designs. Photography and furniture design.
- Gurmeet Singh. Nature watercolors from India.
- Nicolas Nicolazzi. Figurative sculpture from Italy.
- Agnex Pointier. Abstracts from France.
- Johan Van Loon. Blown glass abstracts from Holland.
- Gokhan Taskin. Abstract light, color and spaces from the Netherlands.
- Mandy Mojica. Women.
- Tara Hutton. Art Deco figurative paintings.
- Gábor Bertalan. Expressionistic sculpture from Hungary.
- Aleksandar-Atza Visnjic. Intuitive signs from Canada.
- Albert Solomon. Stone sculpture.
- Neseikbal Sen. Oil portraits from Turkey.
- Jeff Wolfram. Architectural photography.
- Tequila Corbly. Anime Manga.
- Vidal Centeno. Conceptual art.
- Stephan Earl. Ethnic art, music & landscapes.
- Emma Emma. Expressionistic sculpture.
- Mario Zampedroni. Floral landscapes.
- Noel Billy. Oneiric landscapes.
- Jocelyne Lucain. Landscape and nature paintings from France.
- Sabina Nore. Symbolic art form Austria.
- Sandra Suarez. Abstract impressionism.
- Kimberley Korb. Spiritual drawings.
- Ormetan Wang. Chinese brush painting.
- Leslie Maracle. Electric eclectic animals from Mexico.
- Donna Giorgi. Digital abstracts.
- Luis R. Cancel. Abstract light and color artwork.
- Nilsen Turan-Kennedy. Contemporary figurative abstractions.
- Solange Gendre. Landscape and nature paintings from France.
- Allan Revich. Conceptual art.
- Susan Smeder. Charcoal drawings.
- Thomas Broadfoot. Geometric shapes.
- Patrice Baudouin. Fantasy still life from France.
- Robert Melvin. Mystical and mythical.
- Ada De Vito. Mixed media abstracts.
- Jeremiah Stansbury. Abstract oil portraits.
- Jules Ruis. Fractals from the Netherlands.
Impressions of Old South Florida Juried Art Competition
Bonnet House Museum & Gardens February 3 to April 3, 2005.
All artists living in the U.S. are invited to submit slides that depict South Florida’s architectural, natural or cultural heritage by December 12, 2004.
Begun in 1920 and completed in 1938, Bonnet House is located on a 35-acre tropical oasis on the Atlantic Ocean in Fort Lauderdale.
For an application to enter Impressions of Old South Florida please call Tom Edmonds (954) 563-5393 ext. 138 and leave your name and address on the answering machine or, email your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist publishing on Digital Consciousness.
Registered Artists may create an Artist Page free of charge. They
can then use the Edit link at the bottom of their Artist Page to
edit their Artist Page or to upgrade to Gallery Service.
Artists with Gallery Service can create and edit on-line portfolios
of up to 200 images from a control panel. These galleries contain no
ads and are among the most prominent pages on Digital Consciousness.
Artists may sell artwork from the galleries free of commission.
The Digital Color Art Awards.
Digital Color http://DigitalConsciousness.com/digitalcolor accepts
nominations for art awards. The winner's biography and links to the
winner's artwork are placed in the permanent gallery. Gallery
Service fees are waived for winners for one year.