Nathan McClain is the February 2005 Digital Color Artist of the Month.
Nathan was an accomplished illustrator who died unexpectedly and tragically
in 1997 at the age of 24.
Alton S. Tobey
It is with profound sadness that the family of artist Alton S. Tobey must
announce that Alton died on Tuesday, January 4, 2005 after a long illness.
Alton was an internationally renowned artist whose murals are in public places
worldwide from the Smithsonian Institution in Washington D.C. to Jiddah, Saudi Arabia.
His historical paintings have appeared in Life and many other magazines and dozens of books.
He was a founder of the Curvilinear School of painting.
For more information, see the full text of the press release on his death at
New Artwork in the Galleries
Joseph DiSipio, Nicholas Caputi, Rhonda Gutierrez, Matthew Bates, Diane Lane,
Claire McCarthy, Massimo Ridolfi and Adelle Jean have added new work to their galleries.
New Contemporary Artists
The following artists registered this month. To view the work of
an artist enter the artist's name at http://DigitalConsciousness.com
To see the most recent artists go to http://DigitalConsciousness.com/new/
- John Lancaster. Geometric shapes from the U.K.
- Brian Ussery. Pen and ink architectural renderings.
- Falasca Dario. Landscape watercolors from Italy.
- Nathan McClain. Watercolor illustrations.
- Edwin Chavez-Viza. Watercolor landscapes.
- J'me. Abstract portraits.
- Christine Reynolds. Landscape and nature drawing from the U.K.
- Pierre d'Alancaisez. Fashion and portrait photography.
- Martin Cooke. Abstract light and color from N. Ireland.
- Olivier Maceratesi. Fantasy portraits from Brazil.
- David Ubben. Symbolic drawing from Switzerland.
- Nevena Stefanova. Realistic portraits from Bulgaria.
- Pet Campbell. Photographs of flowers.
- Robert Edgar. Digital Art -- bi-coastal Memory Theaters.
- Benini. Abstract sculpture and geometric shapes.
- Nico Soranno. Sculpture and landscape oils from Italy.
- Johann Eyfells. Sculpture.
- Iacopo Turnino. Realistic animation from Italy.
- Danna Tartaglia. Abstract nature paintings.
- Pessa Marco. Enamels on canvas.
- Stef Libbrecht. Commercial and fine art photographer from Belgium.
- N.H. Ring. Visionary surrealistic people.
- Eric and Donna M. Condida. Nature photography, bladesmithing and woodworking.
- Julian Merrow-Smith. Realistic still life from France.
- Debra Amerson. Tra-digital Art.
- Diane Lane. Realistic dip pen and ink portraits.
- Debra Lynn Jones. Landscape and nature photography.
- Oscar Alejandro Poliotto. Collage digital art from Argentina.
- Gary Gabriel Jun Molleno Jr. Landscape and nature oils from the Philippines.
- Layachi Hamidouche. Symbolic mixed media from Algeria.
- Jamie Morhaim. Abstract surreal imagery.
- Bruce Roberson. Digital interiors.
- Thom Price. Surrealistic oil paintings.
- Alexander Lyamkin. Optimistic surrealism from Russia.
- Paz Winshtein. Fantasy oils.
- Bruce Price. Life's secret machinery.
- Linda Eades Blackburn. Landscapes and nature.
- Richard Young. Realistic oil portraits from the U.K.
- Jason Nayler. Sculpture and interior design from the U.K.
- David Lewis. Abstract digital art.
- Georges Libbrecht. Etchings, drawings and paintings from Belgium.
- Ana Lončar. Illustrator, photographer and designer from Croatia.
Artist publishing on Digital Consciousness.
Registered Artists may create an Artist Page free of charge. They
can then use the Edit link at the bottom of their Artist Page to
edit their Artist Page or to upgrade to Gallery Service.
Artists with Gallery Service can create and edit on-line portfolios
of up to 200 images from a control panel. These galleries contain no
ads and are among the most prominent pages on Digital Consciousness.
Artists may sell artwork from the galleries free of commission.
The Digital Color Art Awards.
Digital Color http://DigitalConsciousness.com/digitalcolor accepts
nominations for art awards. The winner's biography and links to the
winner's artwork are placed in the permanent gallery. Gallery
Service fees are waived for winners for one year.