Miran Kres (b. 1973)
Miran Kreš studied Educational Fine Art at the University of Ljubljana.
He explores themes of the mind, body, and spirit with a focus on social codes and space.
With a postmodernistic cultural identity and existential personal experience in New York, Amsterdam and North Africa his work explores mortality and alchemy with wit, verve, originality and force.
Analytical Psychology and Hermetic Philosophy is manifested in his most recent paintings and drawings. Notions of chance and automatism are given full expression in Miran’s abstract paintings and automatic gestured drawings, in which line no longer serves to describe shape or enclose form, but exists as an autonomous event, charting the movements of the colour (paintings) or pencil (drawings).
New Artwork in the Galleries
Girish Kumar, George Comninos, Donna Sakamoto Crispin, Donna C. Willis, Adam McDaniel, Rhonda Gutierrez, Massimo Ridolfi, Maggie Connell, Kevin Barr, Kerry L. Marsala, Jay Anthony, Glen Savoy, Gilbert Abric, and David D. Tiger have added new work to their galleries.
New Contemporary Artists
The following artists registered this month. To view the work of
an artist enter the artist's name at http://DigitalConsciousness.com
To see the most recent artists go to http://DigitalConsciousness.com/new/
News from the Artists
- Lionel Kotlowski. Visionary Outsiderart.
- Chelin Sanjuan. Magic Realism from Spain.
- Joe Dimino. Expressionistic textures and colors.
- Denise Kaarle. Colored pencil illustrations.
- Michael Burton. Realistic drawings.
- Maggie Connell. Watercolor symbols and characters from Australia.
- Asim Butt. Subversive graffiti artist.
- Decio Ferreira. Xilographs from Brazil.
- Rajeevan Thiruchelvam. Photography from the U.K.
- Jon Sorrells. Beaded jewelry.
- Mohamadreza SaeidiZand. Photography from Iran.
- Géphil. Mystical drawings.
- Scott Pynn. Moods and feelings from Canada.
- Noel Billy. Assembly photographs from India.
- Matthew Sibley. Expressionistic portraits from the U.K.
- Chase Steele Greye. Woodcrafting.
- Thomas Holmes. Backlit collage from Chile.
- Ramon Castellano de Torres. Expressionism from Spain.
- Steve Dent. The American West.
- Katherine McLean. Copper calligraphy from Canada.
- Erasmo Amato. Symbolic computer art from Germany.
- Studios Stephano. CNN courtroom sketch artist.
Robert Mileham has submitted three works for The Nicholas Wylde “Heavenly Bodies” Competition at the William Herschel Museum in Bath.
They will be on exhibition until the 14th of December 2005. http://bath-preservation-trust.org.uk/museums/herschel/
R.W. Firestone has a Solo Exhibition at OMMA Center of Contemporary Art, Santa Barbara February 28 – March 26, 2006
Opening Reception Saturday March 4, 5 – 9 pm “Transformations” is both the title of this show and a key element in the work and life of prominent Santa Barbara digital painter R.W. Firestone.
The works on exhibit reflect the transformation of his life from student and artist, to psychotherapist, to renowned psychological theorist and author and to artist once again.
Artist publishing on Digital Consciousness.
Registered Artists may create an Artist Page free of charge. They
can then use the Edit link at the bottom of their Artist Page to
edit their Artist Page or to upgrade to Gallery Service.
Artists with Gallery Service can create and edit on-line portfolios
of up to 200 images from a control panel. These galleries contain no
ads and are among the most prominent pages on Digital Consciousness.
Artists may sell artwork from the galleries free of commission.
The Digital Color Art Awards.
Digital Color http://RenownedArt.com/digitalcolor accepts
nominations for art awards. The winner's biography and links to the
winner's artwork are placed in the permanent gallery. Gallery
Service fees are waived for winners for one year.