Alan King (b. 1952) is the September 2006 Digital Color Artist of the Month.
Alan King is an experienced multi-media artist born in London. He moved away from London in 1977 and after nearly 30 years living and exhibiting in Milton Keynes moved to Dorset during the summer of 2005.
Alan King's skill combined with his own natural sense of creativity enables him to freely express what is in his mind's eye at the point of creation. This results in some strong, vibrant and vividly surreal images which reminds one of the landscapes of the prominent Surrealist painters, but with a definite contemporary edge to them.
By combining traditional methods and photography with software, Alan King's art is defined by his creation of intoxicating landscape compositions: executed in a style recognized and accepted by the Massurrealist movement.
New Artwork in the Galleries
Joseph Di Sipio, Nicoletta Barolini, Pilar Bamba, George Comninos, Nicholas Caputi, David Tiger and Kevin Barr have added new artwork to their galleries.
New Contemporary Artists
The following artists registered in the last month. To view the work of an
artist enter the artist's name at http://DigitalConsciousness.com
To see the most recent artists go to http://DigitalConsciousness.com/new/
- Peter Jones. Photography and printmaking.
- Stephanie Ziehler. Glassworks from Germany.
- Barry Orstsky. Photo-realistic painting from Canada.
- Aldehy. Portraits from France.
- Robin Hernandez. Anthropomorphic sculpture and painting.
- Line Brunelle. Pointillist cityscapes from Canada.
- Mirta Cidra. Visionary fractals from Argentina.
- Ahmad Elias. Abstract Islamic art from Syria.
- Esul Walker. Digital abstracts and visual studies.
- David Howlett. Mural paintings.
- Dino Mehaffie. Watercolors and bronze sculpture.
- Margaret Trembla. Imaginative photography.
- Davis Lisboa. Utopoian expressionism from Spain.
- Bita Vakili. Abstract landscapes from Iran.
- Florian Maier Aichen. Visionary cityscape photography.
Artist publishing on Digital Consciousness.
Registered Artists may create an Artist Page free of charge. They can
then use the Edit link at the bottom of their Artist Page to edit
their Artist Page or to upgrade to Gallery Service.
Artists with Gallery Service can create and edit on-line portfolios
of up to 200 images from a control panel. These galleries contain no
ads and are among the most prominent pages on Digital Consciousness.
Artists may sell artwork from the galleries free of commission.
The Digital Color Art Awards.
Digital Color http://RenownedArt.com/digitalcolor accepts nominations
for art awards. The winner's biography and links to the winner's
artwork are placed in the permanent gallery. Gallery Service fees are
waived for winners for one year.