Garry Andrews is the May 2007 Digital Color Artist of the Month.
He was born in Sydney Australia and has recently completed a Master of Arts in Visual Arts.
Garry was a founder and the first chairman of Kick Arts, a progressive artists collective in Cairns. He was a critical influence in the philosophy and early direction of that arts organization.
Garry has an extensive record of solo and group exhibitions -- more than 60, including drawing survey exhibitions at Queensland Art Gallery. He is the recipient of over 36 Art prizes and awards for painting, drawing, sculpture, and printmaking including the Jacaranda Drawing Prize for emerging artists. He has had numerous major commissions for Government and corporate clients including the Dept. of Environment, Optus, Cairns Port Authority and the Cairns Regional Gallery. He is represented in National and International Art Collections including the Faber Castell International Collection. http://renownedart.com/digitalcolor/
Free Museums in May
Present your Bank of America or MBNA credit card to selected museums in the Northeastern US and in California during May, and get free admission for yourself and a guest. For the list of participating museums or for more information, go to http://www.bankofamerica.com/museums/
New Artwork in the Galleries
Kevin Barr, Nicholas Caputi, Bruce Price and Fuzzworks have added new artwork to their galleries. http://DigitalConsciousness.com/gallerylist.phtml
New Contemporary Artists
The following artists registered in the last month. To view the work of an
artist enter the artist's name at http://DigitalConsciousness.com
To see these most recent artists go to http://DigitalConsciousness.com/new/
- Leon Dolice. Cityscape etchings.
- Jason Buroker. Phosphorescent pigments.
- Aakash Anand. Burnt paper and fabric from India.
- Toni Milaqi. Cubism from Albania.
- Gjorgi Jakimovski. Computer art from Macedonia.
- Maximin Lida. Aestheticism and reflection.
- Tekosher Najat. Computer art from Iraq.
- Vincenzo Fiore Marrese. Exploration of matter from Italy.
- Alvin Gill-Tapia. Semi-abstract architectural images.
- Norman Engel. Women and free-form abstraction.
- Eszra Tanner. Landscape photography.
- Nino Leselidze. Surrealistic photography.
- Roy Laskar. Cubistic fantasy from India.
- Dawk McFarlane. Photo-digital collage montage cartoons.
- Antonio Narducci. Fantastic surrealistic oils from Italy.
The March 2007 issue of ARTNEWS has a review of Santa Barbara author,
psychologist and artist R.W. Firestone's solo exhibition at the Walter Wickiser Gallery in New York City. A catalog with an essay by Edward Lucie-Smith is available upon request. http://www.theartofrwfirestone.com
Artist publishing on Digital Consciousness.
Registered Artists may create an Artist Page free of charge. They can
then use the Edit link at the bottom of their Artist Page to edit
their Artist Page or to upgrade to Gallery Service.
Artists with Gallery Service can create and edit on-line portfolios
of up to 200 images from a control panel. These galleries contain no
ads and are among the most prominent pages on Digital Consciousness.
Artists may sell artwork from the galleries free of commission.
The Digital Color Art Awards.
Digital Color http://RenownedArt.com/digitalcolor accepts nominations
for art awards. The winner's biography and links to the winner's
artwork are placed in the permanent gallery. Gallery Service fees are
waived for winners for one year.