Re: florence biennale 2007 - Art Forum

Message #1121, a followup to #808

Name: KF
Date:Friday December 21, 2007 1:27:08 am MST
Subject:Re: florence biennale 2007

I just back from this event.
2400 euros for each artist.The event takes nearly 10 days.
The visitors mainly are artists themselves. They are mingling with other artists during the event. (Don't expect local people will come to buy artworks at the event.) I only heard it happens once.
Many artists say they will not join this event again. They feel sorry about the traffic. Some artists' booths were located at somewhere else that visitors will easily take no notice.
Where are gallery people, curators? No one knows if they do visit or not.
Many local visitors come for free stuff. On-site artists'posters, home-made catalogues, namecards were taken away as free gifts.
Many local visitors there for killing time. Most of them are not looking into artworks. They just come for killing time.
Video artist has to pay 1200 euros. Mind you that your video will be shown at the place where very less traffic. The location mainly for their daily events, guests talks...
So, that's what I hear, that's what I see, that's all my money.
P.S. Some on-site artists would like to buy other artists' stuff. It happens! One of my pieces sold.

Ka-Fai, HONG KONG
Saatchi-gallery

Previous   |   Next   message in this thread

Previous thread   |   Next thread

Previous   |   Next   message by date

Help   |   Message index   |   Search

When you are caught up with the Art Forum, tap a link in the menu below:
Forums  |  Database  |  Artist List  |  Awards  |  Registration  |  Email  |  FAQ  |  Galleries  |  Directory  |  News  |  Home